To champion a culture of philanthropy that transforms healthcare on the Island.
Exceptional care through inspired giving.
As a registered charity, we raise funds for:
- Hospital equipment which contributes to faster diagnosis and more efficient treatment in all 11 areas of care at Royal Jubilee, Victoria General, and Gorge Road hospitals, benefitting more than 850,000 people on Vancouver Island.
- Special projects that help advance the level of care our hospitals and care teams provide.
- Education and research to keep our hospitals and medical professionals at the top of their fields.
We care deeply about our cause, our donors, and our volunteers.
To accomplish our mission of championing a culture of philanthropy that transforms healthcare on Vancouver Island, we are committed to forge long-term relationships with our donors, Island Health partners and our volunteers:
- Every donor is unique: 91% of our donors are individuals, 8% are businesses, and 1% are Foundations and other not-for-profit organizations. We could not do what we do without each and every one of them, and feel deep gratitude that 50% of our current donors have been giving for 10 years or more. We pride ourselves on having a personal connection with all of them.
- Our care teams are extraordinary in what they do for our families, friends, and colleagues each and every day. With the right tools in their hands, which we are proud to help provide through our work, they perform everyday miracles.
- We are a volunteer-driven organization at heart. Many volunteers give of their time and talent to help with events, and so much more. Our Board of Directors are also volunteers and contribute their wisdom and experience to ensure we are accountable, transparent, and prudent financial stewards of the gifts we receive. We appreciate the countless hours of time dedicated to our success.
Funds raised in your community stay in your community.
Each year we raise millions of dollars for our hospitals. When you generously donate, we commit to funding vital equipment to Island Health — tools they have deemed a priority at the beginning of the year. Annually, the Foundation funds more than 100 pieces of equipment to support all 11 areas of care, or 40% of new equipment in our hospitals. Our close partnership with Island Health ensures every gift is directed to where it’s needed most in our community.
We welcome American donations.
The American Friends of the Victoria Hospitals Foundation is a registered U.S. charity in the state of Washington created to enable U.S. dollar gifts in support of our foundation. Individuals and corporations with U.S. income can make a donation to The American Friends of Victoria Hospitals Foundation and receive an IRS charitable donation receipt. More information can be found here.
News About Our VHF Team and Board
Help us deliver on our mission to transform healthcare on the Island
Because of our donors, we are able to equip our care teams and help patients like Brent Kaufmann.
“I am so grateful for the Royal Jubilee and its medical teams. I deeply appreciate how important it is for doctors to have the best tools to help patients. What it meant for me was that I woke up from my open heart surgery with a strong heart and a new lease on life.” Brent Kaufmann, Nanaimo.