Who are our monthly donors?
They’re people just like you—people from all walks of life who care deeply about the health of their community. They leave groceries on the doorsteps of sick friends, mow their neighbour’s lawns, and show up for their loved ones in the best way they know how. To one or many, by blood or by choice, they’re family.
Healthcare continues to face challenges globally, and they need you more than ever.
As a monthly donor, you can support our hospitals’ greatest needs, or a specific area of care that is meaningful to you. You can join a community of compassionate individuals who, together, create a foundation upon which our hospitals can innovate and move forward. A foundation they can count on.
Make a monthly donation to an area that is meaningful to you:
Why give monthly?
- Choose your preferred monthly amount and direct your giving to a specific area that is meaningful to you
- Receive quarterly “Good News” emails sharing the impacts of your generous giving, as well as good news stories from inside our hospitals
- Receive an invitation to an exclusive annual appreciation event for our monthly donors!
- Every gift, no matter how small, accumulates to make a direct impact on local hospital care
- By giving to their greatest needs, you are investing in local hospitals and the health of your community
Note: We will provide one tax receipt at the end of the year
Ways Our Monthly Donors Help:
Our greatest need not only supports current campaigns like Emerge Stronger, but also transformational projects that dramatically advance care in our hospitals:
- In the early months of the COVID-19 pandemic, our monthly donors were instrumental in allowing us to kick-start a $7 million campaign to rapidly expand critical care, resulting in an Island-first, interim High Acuity Unit, which opened in September 2020.
- Monthly donors funded new orthopedic surgical equipment in 2016. This surgical equipment not only allowed for a significant increase in the number of joint replacement surgeries performed each day, but also allowed our orthopedic surgical teams to prioritize innovation. As a result, they are now performing same-day joint replacement procedures with epidural sedation.
- When the Delta wave of the COVID-19 pandemic arrived and challenged our care teams, our monthly donors helped fund our Thanksgiving Hamper initiative, which fed every unit at the three hospitals we support over the 2021 Thanksgiving weekend.
- Last year, when members of our mental health care teams approached our Foundation with the vision of providing a better model of care for psychiatric emergencies, our monthly donors helped fund a patient-oriented research and evaluation project that quickly impacted how psychiatric care is delivered, and will shape the future of emergency Mental Health and Substance Use care.
The needs of our hospitals will never stop. And, with your monthly commitment, we won’t stop advancing care and changing the lives of Vancouver Island patients and their families.
Are you looking to make a one-time donation?
You are currently signing up to make monthly donations. To make a one-time gift instead, please click below: