“A legacy gift is a transformational gift that can help patients from across Vancouver Island for generations to come.”
– Melanie Mahlman, President & CEO, Victoria Hospitals Foundation
Estate gifts have a powerful impact on our community.
Legacy gifts fund one-third of our equipment purchases each year, benefiting the lives of thousands of people. No great wealth is required to give, just the willingness to plan.
Estate giving options and resources:
- Charitable Bequests – You can bequeath or transfer assets such as cash, RRSPs, RRIFs, property, mutual funds, stocks, and securities to the Victoria Hospitals Foundation.
- Charitable Remainder Trust – You can make a gift by placing assets such as cash, securities, or real estate in an irrevocable trust to the Victoria Hospitals Foundation. You receive income from the trust for the rest of your life, and a charitable receipt is issued for the present value of the remainder trust.
- Charitable Gift Annuity – Annuities provide an opportunity to set aside a gift of capital for the Victoria Hospitals Foundation while enabling you to receive a stream of income during your lifetime.
- Gift of Life Insurance – Designating the Victoria Hospitals Foundation as the beneficiary of your life insurance policy can provide a substantial gift in the future for a relatively low cost each year.
Making a bequest gift:
A charitable bequest through your will provides a future gift while allowing you to retain full control of your property and reduce estate taxes. If you are interested in a planned gift, we recommend you discuss the idea with your financial or legal advisors and our staff before drafting or making changes to your will or estate plan.
Information for professional advisors:
Establishing legacy gifts can be a complex process, and you play a critical role in wealth planning for your clients, many of whom have a deep interest in supporting charitable causes like the Victoria Hospitals Foundation. We are here to work with you to streamline the process and answer any questions you may have.
Contact: Melanie Mahlman, President & CEO
Legal name: Victoria Hospitals Foundation
Charitable Business Number: 10793 5637 RR0001
Address: Wilson Block, 1952 Bay Street Victoria BC V8R 1J8