VHF in the News
You can help raise awareness for VHF campaigns. Please share the links and emails below with your colleagues, friends and contacts. You can also view additional content on Victoria Hospital Foundations social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn) and we encourage you to share with your network.
Thank you to all the patients and caregivers who shared their stories!
It’s Critical – Stories, Media and Additional Information:
- It’s Critical campaign page
- It’s Critical 30-second video via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram.
- Second It’s Critical video, front line caregivers highlight why an HAU is needed
- It’s Critical campaign announcement email – letter from VHF Executive Director Avery Brohman outlining the campaign and need for an HAU
- It’s Critical $1 Million Milestone announcement
It’s Critical Patient and Caregiver Stories:
- Michele’s critical care story
- Marina, a respiratory therapist shares her view from the frontlines.
- Giving Tuesday Now email featuring Lyndsay Green’s story: a patient who received critical care and was inspired to donate
It’s Critical Media Stories:
- April 11: CHEK story on It’s Critical launch
- April 11: Black Press story on It’s Critical launch
- April 13: C-Fax 1070 story on It’s Critical launch
- April 14: Vic News (Black Press) story on Peninsula Co-Op match
- May 27: My Powell River Now Story on Save-On-Food at-the-till campaign
- July 15: Matching Donor Steps Up As Victoria Hospitals Foundation Postpones Annual Gala
- July 19: Save-On Foods Customers Raise Nearly $50,000 for Victoria Hospitals
- July 22: Saanich Runner tackles 10 Marathons in 10 Days for Victoria Hospitals
- September 8: News Specialized Unit Opens This Fall at Royal Jubilee Hospital
- October 23: CTV news piece on It’s Critical (at 12:45)
You may also see the It’s Critical featured on TV, in your local newspaper or in digital advertising. Thank you to all of the generous media partners who have donated space to help raise community awareness for It’s Critical – it will make a tremendous difference!
Hospital Heroes of Victoria – Stories, Media and Additional Information:
- Hospital Heroes campaign page
- A message from Dr. Michelle Tousignant, Physician in the Royal Jubilee and Victoria General Emergency Departments
- Double Your Donation and Message From Dr. Omar Ahmad
- Mother’s Day Hospital heroes stories from two Emergency Room doctors, focused on how they balance motherhood with their incredible work during this unusual time.
- Media Stories:
The Big Picture – Stories, Media and Additional Information:
- The Big Picture campaign page
- Patient and caregiver stories:
- Media Stories
- Patient stories in the Times Colonist:
- Ralph’s story: Doctor became grateful patient, thanks in part to new MRI technology
- Victoria News article on Townline’s $600,000 donation toward the 3T MRI at Royal Jubilee Hospital
- Times Colonist article on Townline’s significant gift in the Our Community section